Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Got the okay to post pictures!

I've been really careful not to share pictures of the kids and to keep mentioning their names to a minimum. Mick and I discussed this last night and he and the kids were fine with me posting a few pictures. So, though I didn't put them on facebook, I'm posting a few now!

These are from a couple of weeks ago when we decorated the tree. I'm also going to post a few of all of us racing the scalextric cars. And, to finish it all off, a few of Emily and Eddie before their hip hop concert. They've been taking lessons for weeks now and had a big performance this past weekend and they did so well! We were all really proud of them.

It's a strange place I find myself in...I've never given birth. I was the youngest in my family. I was rarely around kids younger than me. All the kids in my neighborhood were older than me. I wasn't comfortable around kids. I never babysat. Yet here I am, a marriage and family therapist who has spent hours doing therapy with kids and now I have two awesome kids in my life and I couldn't be happier. That doesn't mean I'm not learning. Ha! I'm learning lots and lots.

Things I learned from Love and Logic and MFT training come in really handy. ;) I understand that I have to be consistent, have to mean what I say and follow through so don't speak hastily, keep my cool and be calm in the face of strong emotion. There are things that I've learned or have become crystal clear to me in my time as stepmom...


EVERYTHING has to be even. EVERYTHING.
Giving choices is a great way to negotiate and win!
The best gifts are the ones they make for me.
Sponges! You have to lead by example.
Some of the funniest things and most clever have come from their mouths.
I detest spiders, but I will kill any spider for the kids.
Yikes! The amount of cleaning needed for dishes and laundry is phenomenal.
Bottomless pits, both of them.
They like to test me to see if Mick and Claire and I are on the same page.













I know there are lots more and I'll see if I can add to them...when I have time! lol The kids make sure there's never a dull moment here and they're with us all this week so busy busy busy! Enjoy the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment